We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Video capture with multiple webcams simultaneously
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Video capture with multiple webcams simultaneously (Read 601 times)
Video capture with multiple webcams simultaneously
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:59am

Hi everyone!

I am currently a student doing a project based on video/computer interaction and i'm in need of help!

As i'm more of a graphic artist, i am still struggling to pick up Processing and other scripting applications on my own. :)

THE PROJECT:

The basis of the project is to have two users on two computers or medium to interact with each other through the use of video. Both users at each end can see one another but not exactly themselves.
Which means that the video feed taken by the camera is being displayed at the other end and vice versa.

Tracking of users are necessary in this project as their sillhouettes are used to trigger the interaction.

I've tried Capture/vDig, JMyron(for the tracking) and LibCv(which doesn't work, something's wrong with my JMF)

It seems that framerate wise, JMyron's the best but i've read on this forums that JMyron can't support multiple cameras.

Another problem i have, is how do i get Processing to communicate with another computer and have it send its video feed to it and receive another at the same time.

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestion as to how i could proceed!

Thanks,
jonathan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1