We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SVN errors on checkout (Read 2216 times)
SVN errors on checkout
Dec 31st, 2007, 8:00pm

hi

in an effort to see how a large scale application, such as Processing, is built I was trying to download the source (per instructions at http://dev.processing.org/build/) and learn from it.
I am on Mac OSX (10.4.x). Here's what I've done
- installed latest Xcode for this version of OSX
- successfully installed SVN (also installed SSHKeyChain but it appears i dont need it since we don't seem to use svn+ssh for checkout)

tried to check out using
svn co svn://processing.org/trunk/processing

keep getting this error
subversion/libsvn_ra_svn/marshal.c:255: (apr_err=210002)
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

visited several forums (+ SVN documentation) to figure out what is causing this but none of them seem to help out so far. i have been reviewing the processing forums as well but haven't an answer yet.  this is the first time i am checking out src for any application - so it must be something that being a novice I am not aware of.

not sure how to proceed or what to try next - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cheers
m
Re: SVN errors on checkout
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2007, 10:47pm

quick update - I was able to create a test SVN repository on my machine and successfully imported and checked out files from here, which tells me my SVN install seems OK..
Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2008, 2:33am

Hi

I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for me on what i could try .. still waiting.

thanks
mahesh
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2008, 5:24pm

damn! i feel stupid. it was the app - i was using this new app called iTerm - that was the problem (guess my ENV wasn't setup) - it worked like a charm on the native Terminal

sorry!

on to some learning now ...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1