We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Simple Movement and Action [Beginner]
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Simple Movement and Action [Beginner] (Read 452 times)
Simple Movement and Action [Beginner]
Dec 28th, 2007, 2:12pm

I was wondering if anyone could provide any resources that might aid in the process of creating a small interactive program.

Basically I would like to move an animated .gif about, via keyboard input, and have the option to load another .gif to display an animation when another select key is pressed. Ultimately, I would like this action to discharge a particle, like a bullet,  in this two-dimensional realm.

It's fairly simple, so a rough framework should do to get the mind kicking. I have prior programming experience but never in the processing field. I was sure there are a thousand other similar platformers on the board, so why not get a start here. Any clarifications, just ask.

Much appreciated with any tutorials you can offer, Thanks.
Re: Simple Movement and Action [Beginner]
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2007, 12:35pm

First of all, animated gifs will not work, at least with regular loadImage() function they won't. you'll have to brake them down in single images. Processing comes with a load of examples. The best one to check out would be:
Topics > Animation > AnimatedSprite

Have fun with processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1