We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › bluetoothDesktop, updated
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
bluetoothDesktop, updated (Read 776 times)
bluetoothDesktop, updated
Nov 27th, 2007, 4:11am

bluetoothDesktop, a bluetooth library for Processing, now comes with libraries for Windows and Linux (compiled & tested on Ubuntu 7.10, MBP) and is easier to install.
So, if you're on Windows or Linux and have installed bluetooth hardware, it should just work.
Information on how to get it to work on the Mac can be found on the website.

http://www.extrapixel.ch/processing/bluetoothDesktop/
Re: bluetoothDesktop, updated
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2007, 7:20am

The documentation looks good; seems ready to be added to the library reference page. Is it well tested?
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2007, 2:23pm

hi casey,

yes, it's pretty much ready for a wide release. It's extensively tested on Mac OSX 10.4 & 10.5. I'm currently working on some bluetooth apps...Therefore I use it daily and so far everything works well.
I've also tested it under WindowsXP (on an IBM Thinkpad). Finally I got it running on Ubuntu 7.10 (in a VMware virtual machine).
I'm not sure if the native libs I compiled for Ubuntu will work on a wide variety of distros. I have no clue of Linux; compiling avetanaBT was the only thing I've ever done with it. But if the guys are using Linux, they might be able to get it running by themselves Wink
Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2007, 1:39am

Great! I'll add it with the next update. Thank you for taking the time and energy to make this publicly available.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1