We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Foreign characters
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Foreign characters (Read 571 times)
Foreign characters
Nov 26th, 2007, 3:26pm

I apologise if this is a terribly ridiculous question,

I'm currently writing a program in Processing, part of which parses results from Google.  For now I'm simply printing what I receive to the console, wherein lies the problem.  I've changed the font in preferences.txt to a Unicode font which supports Chinese characters, however, it's still printing the standard question marks instead of the actual characters.

Is there any way to fix this?
Re: Foreign characters
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2007, 8:22pm

you're probably losing the encoding somewhere else--the console should be able to print unicode characters without any problem.

in fact, it's perhaps more likely to work with the default font rather than changing the font in the prefs file, since java may not know that your new font has an extended character set.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1