We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › TTF Fonts problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
TTF Fonts problem (Read 691 times)
TTF Fonts problem
Nov 22nd, 2007, 2:23pm

When I try to loadFont("arial.ttf"), i get
"Could not load font arial.ttf. Make sure that the font has been copied to the data folder of your skstch" message.
However, the font is in data folder, and for example
AmericanTypewriter-24.vlw works fine. Where seems to be the problem?
Re: TTF Fonts problem
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2007, 8:58pm

Go to Tools->Create Font menu.
you should see a window that you can choose areal font and its size..etc. then it aitomatically creates .vlw areal font and put it in your data folder. Processing simply doesn't support any other type of font extensions.

Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2007, 9:20pm

Geez. Thanks a lot. I should have clicked through IDE more Smiley
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:52pm

There is also the possibility of using native fonts (fonts that are commonly installed on all operating systems ie: Arial, Verdana... basic web fonts.

Quote:
For most renderers, Processing displays fonts using the .vlw font format, which uses images for each letter, rather than defining them through vector data. When hint(ENABLE_NATIVE_FONTS) is used with the JAVA2D renderer, the native version of a font will be used if it is installed on the user's machine.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1