We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › tutorials/workshops topics/ideas
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
tutorials/workshops topics/ideas (Read 782 times)
tutorials/workshops topics/ideas
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:58am

hi!
my name is victor martins and i am a fulltime game programmer. i have been working with processing for quite sometime and built some applications with it regarding audiovisual and some other graphics oriented applications.

i am here because i want you to help me.

i will be working on a new processing idea, where i would do how-to's and presenting code, etc in a workshop/course kinda way, of anything graphics related.

i would like to know what you people have interests and what you would like to know about ?

please, help me make a list of subjects and ideas you would like to know about.

i appreciate your help, and if you also want to write any tutorial, please send me a message, and tell me if we can use it.

we should be putting all documentation online and and be using it in future workshops.

thanks in advance,

vm
Re: tutorials/workshops topics/ideas
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2007, 5:59pm

I was hoping someone take the lead on this. There have been a few efforts over the years, but none have resolved. We're in the process of moving ProcessingHacks over to this site, which will help a bit, but that's not for tutorials.

Arduino has done a good job with soliciting extra reference and they are working on tutorials. Do you mean something like this?
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/CourseWare
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2007, 5:30am

hi,
in addition to the processinghacks, seltar's snippet page at snippet.seltar.org has  been a great pool of help and ideas as well. not to forget marius' workshop space at workshop.evolutionzone.com and his example codes for his workshops, seems like he has been a very busy workshopper lately Smiley
to provide a place where all these resources can be gathered or linked would be great, besides the example, tutorial and course pages already in existence on the processing site. even the forum itself is full of little treasures. would take some time to distill the code snippets and hardware hints from the forum but if there is interest, i would be in for that - besides getting my hands and brain busy to contribute some tutorials and examples.
workshop-vise i am just adding a few keywords here. VJing, sound reactive, interfacing game controllers/everyday objects with processing, information visualization, networked applications.
best,
andi
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:05am

hi and thanks for your replies.

REAS:
yes my idea is to have something like the arduino, but graphics related. i have read Processing: Creative Coding and Computational Art, and i think it is a very good book to learn processing and several topics. i dont plan to substitute any book, but to use it as reference aswell, as i dont want to be explaining everything from scratch.

it will go from how to use processing to creation of different graphical effects 2d/3d.
i should be also do something about how to use processing to render to movie files or even export objects to be renderered by known modelling software like 3dsmax, etc.

also how to use it with music software for sound artists.

i do visuals in my sparetime with a friend of mine and i also prepare visuals for installations sometimes.

well i have written down some ideas, but i would love to hear more from anyone who would find this useful. afterall this is for others, and not for me.

i mentioned workshop/course format since i think this could be used in schools as reference or even as class material.

ive been told that i could do some lectures on processing about audiovisuals, but still im not sure what kind of material would be appreciated and interesting.

hope to hear from you,

vic
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1