We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Generate PDF online
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Generate PDF online (Read 385 times)
Generate PDF online
Nov 13th, 2007, 6:00pm

What I would like is this: people upload a file on my website, its processed by a PHP script which turns it into XML, and then its send to my applet which returns a PDF file using this data, which shows only in the form of a download. I don't need to see the applet.

I've finished the first part: the applet works (offline) and loads some online XML files.

Can someone tell me if its possible to run an applet online and have it generate a PDF, which it then offers as a download?
I'll also need to tell the applet in which folder to look for the XML files and how many files there are (depends on the size of the uploaded file)

edit:
I now have this:
When you upload your file it is processed and you get a code back. You put this code in code.txt, which is in the same folder as my executable app. The app reads to code, connects to my website, loads the right xml files, produces a pdf and quits.
I can get this code to the online version of my applet using the param() command. But I still didn't figure out if its possible to generate the pdf online (I now have to do it localy)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1