We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › controlP5 +leopard
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
controlP5 +leopard (Read 938 times)
controlP5 +leopard
Nov 12th, 2007, 8:01pm

Hi, just upgraded to leopard and can't seem to get sketches using controlP5 lib to run... any one else experience this... if i try running any examples from docs, say the control knob example,  the following message appears.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

running a macbook pro 2.33Ghz 2G RAM
cheers
Re: controlP5 +leopard
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2007, 1:21am

since i havnt installed leopard yet, i can't duplicate the error messages you are getting, so my suggestions are more or less guessings for leopard systems yet.
since processing version 125 more methods in PApplet have been made static (revisions.txt scroll down to ABOUT REV 0125 - 15 July 2007), due to these changes  controlP5.knob did throw the InvocationTargetException regarding the NativeMethodAccessorImpl. this has been changed and fixed since controlP5 version 0.2.2. the current version available for download is 0.2.3.
you say you get the error message with any example. if this is the case, then leopard may possibly be an issue. i am running processing 133 with controlP5 0.2.3 on 10.4.10 and it runs smoothly for me.
if you are running leopard with the same processing setup as above and still get the error messages, i will get into that as soon as my machine runs leopard. if only the knob example gives you the error, please update controlP5 to the current version available for download. to check which controlP5 version you are using, see the output window of your processing sketch that prints out a one line statement when initialized, or use
println(ControlP5.VERSION);
best,
andi
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2007, 8:14pm

Hello there
I just updated to leopard, running processing 132 before and after that. ControlP5 does not properly work, though version is 0.2.3. My sketch runs as far as the control window is not concerned, so it throws no errors that make it crash. But the control window is only showing a tiny gray square instead of two sliders.

Running a mini 2Ghz Intel
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2007, 8:51am

I haven't had much problem with it, with the exception of the drop and control window acting funny (but I don't use either, so it hasn't been an issue).  The sliders, toggles, buttons, etc. have all been working fine with Leopard for me, both on my Intel and PPC boxes, and with Processing 133 and 135.
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2008, 3:44am

failed: +1

PPC G4
Leopard 10.5.2
Processing 135
No Xcode installed
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1