We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Properly Closing Movie Object? (Read 319 times)
Properly Closing Movie Object?
Nov 3rd, 2007, 8:15pm

I've built a P5 sketch that performs some actions, loads a movie, plays it back, then unloads the movie, does some other actions, and repeats (with a different movie loaded into the same Movie object).  However, for some reason, even after I call myMovie.stop() and set myMovie = null, the movie's audio (no video, since the Image isn't being drawn) is played back. I already figured out that I have to call myMovie.stop() or else the movieEvent keeps being called once per frame per movie I've loaded, but I'm unclear why the movie will seemingly-randomly play elsewhere in the app even after being set to null.

Any idea what's going on here? I can post a bit of code if it isn't entirely clear..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1