We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Leopard? (Read 1182 times)
Leopard?
Oct 31st, 2007, 6:28pm

I am curious to hear reports from anyone is running processing under OS X 10.5.

There are a couple of threads indicating that there may be issues with the serial library. How are the main package and other libraries performing?
Re: Leopard?
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2007, 9:23pm

0125 is running okay in Leopard, 0133 is giving me OpenGL-issues (but I can't tell if those issues are 0133- or Leopard-related).

As far as libraries are concerned: at least PDF and Video are working for me.

And for speed, I moved from a G4 Powerbook to a MacBook Pro just last week, so *everything* is fast right now Wink
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2007, 12:09am

Works fine with my setup: 1.67Mhz PowerBook G4/1Gb RAM/Processing 0133
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2007, 10:40pm

I did some preliminary tests in Processing 0133 with some of the example sketches that utilize ESS and OpenGL. I tried out the hint(ENABLE_OPENGL_2X_SMOOTH) and hint(ENABLE_OPENGL_4X_SMOOTH) as well, just to make sure that the hardware anti-aliasing was working alright.

Overall, I didn't run into any issues. I haven't yet done any testing with MIDI.

Running: MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 5:14pm

I tried running a small ESS-based sketch I wrote on P127 on 10.4.10, and visually it runs well, but the audio is horribly garbled.  Even if I turn off all processing and graphics, the audio playback is still broken.  I'll try a few other sound libraries and see if it's a common issue.

durin
Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2007, 8:08pm

I posted in  'Other Libraries' section about this but thought it was relevant here, having trouble with controlP5 lib documentation example sketches produce error

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

macbook pro 2.33Ghz 2G RAM
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1