We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Processing and Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Processing and Twitter (Read 65232 times)
Re: Processing and Twitter
Reply #75 - Apr 28th, 2010, 1:47am

mccv wrote on Dec 30th, 2009, 3:50pm:
I just posted a library for accessing the Twitter streaming API that makes this quite a bit simpler.  Can't post a direct link here yet, but you you look at twitter.com/mccv you can get the link from my latest tweet.  You should just have to set up the appropriate streaming API URL, and then implement the tweet() method.

Would be nice to have a Win version as well.
Reply #76 - Apr 28th, 2010, 4:51am

What makes you think it won't work on Windows? That's Java after all, accessing Internet, so not using system-dependent stuff, etc.

@mccv: sorry, but referring to your "latest tweet" is stupid inadequate unless you emit a Tweet every two years... Smiley
Reply #77 - Apr 28th, 2010, 6:49am

PhiLho  wrote on Apr 28th, 2010, 4:51am:
What makes you think it won't work on Windows That's Java after all, accessing Internet, so not using system-dependent stuff, etc.

Quote:
Tested

Platform OSX

Also it gives "lib not found" error & doesnt show up in the lib list.
Reply #78 - Apr 28th, 2010, 9:29am

Well, I don't see this "Tested" part in the message of mccv.
Beside, it just means mccv tested only on his computer, a Mac, but it doesn't prevent working on other systems (well, not necessarily... Smiley).
Your problem looks more like a classical issue of putting the library in the right place...
If you are unsure, I suggest to take a look at the Libraries -still confused about where to put... thread, there is a nice diagram explaining this.
Reply #79 - Apr 29th, 2010, 12:10am

You're right, didnt see the .jar is named with an "_" inbetween the words >_<
Reply #80 - Jun 8th, 2010, 11:13am

Looks like twitter is turning off basic authenication soon and moving to Oauth.

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Authentication

Is it going to be difficult to integrate with processing?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6