We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
Webcam via UDP (Read 11574 times)
Re: Webcam via UDP
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2009, 9:36pm

Hi Guys,

Great Codes!
I have looked in to the UDP as well as the processing.net version, but I can only get the processing.net versions to work.

I guess it is a problem with the IP-addresses I need to enter. Can someone give me a better description of what IP-addresses to enter on the Server-side and on the Client-side?

Furthermore I would also like to be able to check the status of the server and the client. So, suppose the server goes down I want to be able to reconnect the client automatically if the server is back up again. Is there an easy way to do this?
Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2009, 11:12am

Can somebody explain me why the UDP-version is much faster?

And possible also explain me how to get the UDP-version working.
I have tried all possible combinations of IP-adresses but I can't get the UDP-version to work.
Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2009, 12:56pm

RemcoMagielse wrote on Mar 25th, 2009, 11:12am:
Can somebody explain me why the UDP-version is much faster

See e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol and you should be able to draw the according conclusions.
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2009, 4:50am

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to install the UDP library (import hypermedia.net.*Wink and i found it in this link http://ubaa.net/shared/processing/udp/ but i don't know how to install it,  i moved the udp.jar to my processing/library but processing don't see it.
Can someone help me?

Thanks !

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2009, 7:01pm

In Mac OS X add the UDP directory to your Documents/Processing/libraries directory.
Reply #20 - Dec 6th, 2009, 11:33pm

RemcoMagielse wrote on Mar 18th, 2009, 9:36pm:
I guess it is a problem with the IP-addresses I need to enter. Can someone give me a better description of what IP-addresses to enter on the Server-side and on the Client-side

Hey guys, noob here. I seem to be having the same issue. I've got two computers connected to the same router (their router IPs are 192.168.10.102 and 192.168.10.105), I've opened the ports on the firewall, and yet I can't get either to broadcast to the other. I get a "Opening socket failed: Can't assign requested address" message.

If I use NiteLite's code and the computer's own IP, both broadcasting and receiving appear to work fine according to the "sending datagrams" and "got datagrams" messages. I'm not sure if you can "broadcast" to your own computer, though, so I may just be completely wrong here.

I've tried broadcasting to 192.168.10.255, but it tells me the message is too long.

Can somebody maybe guide me as to what I'm doing wrong
Reply #21 - Jan 27th, 2010, 6:30pm

Hi

Is it possible to obtain video from a IP Security camera that can output MPEG4 streams in a URL like "http://192.168.1.4/img/video.asf"

I will appreciate any help I can get.
Reply #22 - Feb 16th, 2010, 3:41am

Yes I would also like to know if video can be grabbed from a server or IP webcam. Any help would be much appreciated.

H
Reply #23 - Mar 23rd, 2010, 6:28am

comparc / RemcoMagielse - to solve the issue with the error: "Opening socket failed: Can't assign requested address" do the following.

The computer with the video camera [video server] - must be configured with the IP address of the recieving computer [client]

The recieving computer [client] must be configured with its own ip address and the same port number as the server. Because that is where the UDP packets are being broadcast to...

You can if you wish broadcast to your own computer - that is a basic test for the webcam image data being encoded, transmitted and decoded - you should try this before trying to broadcast an image across your network.

Really nice post to everyone who contributed - thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 2