We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › TimingFramework
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
TimingFramework (Read 524 times)
TimingFramework
Oct 11th, 2007, 11:55pm

Hi

I have some experience in using the TimingFramework for animating Swing based Java applications but I'm quite a newbie  concerning Processing. What I'm currently developing is also a Swing based app (for user controls) that integrates a PApplet for several drawing tasks. Since I'm quite used to the features of the TimingFramework I don't want to miss them for creating animations. I've integrated the framework but I'm not sure which of the following ways I should use to do the drawing:
-set noLoop() in setup() and call redraw() for each TimingEvent that gets fired
or
-call loop() as soon as the Animator starts and setting the resolution (framerate in TimingFramewort) to the Processing frameRate (kind of a sync between them).

Has anyone experience in this area or some advice for me?

Thank you very much!
zubi
Re: TimingFramework
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2007, 12:37pm

if i understand what you're trying to do correctly, you should be using noLoop() and call redraw() when the event is fired.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1