We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › applet weirdness
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
applet weirdness (Read 316 times)
applet weirdness
Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:04am

*sigh*

ok, so i exported my sketch as an applet and it worked fine embedded. then i tried to run it while under windows (built on macosx) and it doesn't work.

so i built it under windows and then rebooted to macosx. it runs perfectly from my harddrive - that is, if i run the index.html directly. but once i upload it to a server i get this console error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: pfc1.class
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:168)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:119)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:599)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:721)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1826)
at jep.AppletFramePanel.createApplet(AppletFramePanel.java:189)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:650)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:324)
at jep.AppletFramePanel.run(AppletFramePanel.java:176)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(AppletClassLoader.java:271)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(AppletClassLoader.java:44)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(AppletClassLoader.java:158)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:155)
... 11 more

what the hell? why does god hate me? what did i ever do to piss him off so much? it's just ridiculous. it's really as though whenever i do something cool (well, my applet is at least kind of cool), the universe conspires to thwart my creativity. its been like this all my bloody life. the finish line is right in bloody front of me, so naturally the ground falls out beneath me (or something to that effect. like, appletclassloader error bs). what the hell am i doing wrong? is there some secret password i should know, that'll tell the universe to just back. the. hell. off. i don't ask for much. i occupy very little of this world. why the hell does every fun thing i try to do just get shot down by some incomprehensible nonsense!?

so yeah. does anyone know how to fix this?
Re: applet weirdness
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:47pm

"Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed."

some code please. ... and a link to where you've put the thing online, so we can test if we get the same error.

(the questions raised about your life/god/conspiracy i leave to someone else ...)

F
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1