We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Access Denied when starting processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Access Denied when starting processing (Read 944 times)
Access Denied when starting processing
Sep 19th, 2007, 1:58am

(for windows xp)

I tried using processing to demonstrate the lorenz attractor at school, but the unnecessarily tight security does not allow the creation of folders in my documents...

Processing seems to be unable to create the necessary sketch folder c:\Documents and settings\... \ Processing...

Our school accounts have nearly no abilities aside from surf the web and create and view a limited number of files

I am running processing.exe off my flash drive... is there a way for me to work around the denied access?

Re: Access Denied when starting processing
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2007, 1:30pm

Not a solution but maybe an alternative.

Why don't you export your sketch (outside school), as an applet or application and then show it ?

Have no idea for the security issue so that just another idea of doing what u want (but maybe not possible for you).
Re: Access Denied when starting processing
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2007, 1:55pm

on your flash drive, modify processing-0125/lib/preferences.txt and edit the "sketchbook.path" and "settings.path" lines. this is the one case where you're allowed to modify the prefs (in spite of the warning at the top) because you're trying to change the default behavior of p5 with regards to where it'll eventually store your personal prefs file.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1