We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
movie help.......... (Read 1458 times)
movie help..........
Jul 15th, 2007, 10:40pm

i,m trying to get the movie example in library-video goin but i get this error "java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.AllPermission <all permissions> <all actions>)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at quicktime.QTCallbackManagement.registerForCallback(QTCallbackManagement.java:24)
"

I have no idea what it means?? any ideas anybody???
Re: movie help..........
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2007, 10:44pm

This is a problem that Apple introduced in QuickTime 7.2.

In what context are you getting this error, inside the environment, or in a web browser?
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2007, 10:52pm

inside the processing environment..can it be fixed or will i have to system restore to the earlier version i had???
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2007, 12:12am

the quick fix is to:

1) use the version of processing that includes java
2) add these lines to the file named java.policy inside processing/java/lib/security:

Code:
grant{
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

until we figure out what Apple has done...
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2007, 9:42pm

I was having all sorts of problems with QT as well.  I tried installing/reinstalling a few times, and finally I got it to work.

The trick is to use QT v6.5.2 instead of v7.2.

There's no option to check "Java for Quicktime" in the new version (I assumed it was just included, but no way to be sure) so I got an older version as suggested on the Video Library Reference page here on the Processing site.  Here's the link in case you don't want to have to go find it:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime652forwindows.html

Good luck!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1