We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › camera tracking data for interactive with QT
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
camera tracking data for interactive with QT (Read 950 times)
camera tracking data for interactive with QT
Sep 10th, 2007, 3:39pm

Hi, I am very new to processing and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on an interactive video installation, which requires camera tracking. Now I'm at the point where I can get the camera work on my Mac book pro for brightness tracking. What I want to do is to use the data detected from the camera to interact with a pre-recorded QT movie. Say, when the viewer walk in front of the camera, the shadow (pixels) will active the QT movie to play only within the outline (shadow) of the viewer. Any ideas? If you could point me to how to use these shadow data, what would be my starting point. Thank you in advance!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1