We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › soundcard multiple audio ins - which library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
soundcard multiple audio ins - which library? (Read 1586 times)
soundcard multiple audio ins - which library?
Jul 19th, 2007, 3:03pm

hi all

i'd like to do some audio processing, using a sound card that has more than 2 audio inputs (prob 4 or 8  ).

which processing library should i use to access all these inputs separately (just need to monitor volume and freq/fft). (i don't need to be able to play back on multiple channels or anything).

thx
Re: soundcard multiple audio ins - which library?
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2007, 1:31pm

for anyone trying to do something similar, the way i've managed is to use PD to get sound in from multiple inputs and then use the OSC library to get that into processing. it's pretty quick.
Re: soundcard multiple audio ins - which library?
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2010, 12:48pm

ch wrote on Jul 23rd, 2007, 1:31pm:
for anyone trying to do something similar, the way i've managed is to use PD to get sound in from multiple inputs and then use the OSC library to get that into processing. it's pretty quick.

How did you do that I tried to do the same thing, but they say that you only can send "messages" via OSC, not audio streams...

You are the only solution I've found so far... Do you think you can upload the patch from pure data somewhere
Thanks a million!

Yireh
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1