We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
Javadoc (Read 12165 times)
Re: Javadoc
Reply #15 - May 9th, 2009, 1:47am

I followed the tutorial verbatim and I've the JDK installed on Windows XP.

http://dev.processing.org/libraries/template.html

I've tried to point the core.jar at the folder with the .exe and even put the folder full of html files in there and placed another copy of javadoc in there. No dice.
Reply #16 - May 9th, 2009, 3:54am

Basically the build borks when it hits the javadoc process. It complains it can't find javadoc.exe. This is when running just the hello template on it's own as well as with my library.

So in effect it's already made a .jar, but even that doesn't work, it just crashes the Processing IDE.

I'd love to know how to get Eclipse to just export a .jar with out all this extra processing gumpf, because my library is essentially just a java library. It doesn't need to know about Processing at all, it's encapsulated. But since Eclipse seems to have changed since I last used it, I haven't a clue how to compile a package into a .jar, it just keeps outputting .class files.
Reply #17 - May 10th, 2009, 3:11pm

I'm having the same problem as st33d - everything was fineon another computer and when I imported the project into this computer I am getting the same build fail error

"Buildfile: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\resources\build.xml
init:
    [echo] Properties initialized.
    [echo]      src path                  D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\src
    [echo]      bin path                  D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\bin
    [echo]      libraryClasspath            D:\Eclipse Workspace\libs
    [echo]      processing Libraries      D:\Processing\libraries
    [echo]      java version            1.5
    [echo]      
    [echo] building library ...
compile:
build:
  [delete] Deleting directory D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution
   [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution
   [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\library
   [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\examples
   [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\reference
   [mkdir] Created dir: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\src
     [jar] Building jar: D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\library\upsdnPhysics.jar
    [copy] Copying 1 file to D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\examples
    [copy] Copying 7 files to D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\distribution\src
 [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
 [javadoc] Javadoc execution

BUILD FAILED
D:\Eclipse Workspace\upsdnPhysics\resources\build.xml:154: Javadoc failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "javadoc.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
"
Reply #18 - May 10th, 2009, 9:51pm

hi
is the javadoc command configured in eclipse?
see if: Export>javadoc>next> Javadoc command contains the path to javadoc.exe
Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2009, 6:21am

As someone said before, every link to the offline javadoc is broken.
Can someone provide it for me?
Reply #20 - Dec 14th, 2009, 12:26am

Ditto.
Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2009, 10:13am

polarix wrote on May 6th, 2009, 6:08am:
I'm not sure how easy this is to plug into eclipse, am going to be trying it right now.

Edit: Easy as pie. Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> Core.jar -> Javadoc Location: ________ .

I just gave it the unzipped folder, working great.

Hi, your link doesn't work anymore, is it possible that someone give to us a new link

Thanks,
Reply #22 - Jan 20th, 2010, 7:01pm

I want the processing javadoc too! plz give us a new link!
Pages: 1 2