We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
openGL html wrapper (Read 741 times)
openGL html wrapper
Jul 6th, 2007, 5:24am

i'd like to display multiple gl applets in one browser window, but all i've managed to do is crash firefox to the point it requires a Task Manager>End Process.  i get the feeling it's cause i don't fully understand how the jars dropped into the folder with the html wrapper are all connected, and that there's a problem with multiple applets trying to be driven by the same jogl jar...but not sure.

so my question is twofold:

first, anyone know of any existing threads that describe in detail how the gl html wrapper and accompanying classes function?  or care to elaborate in this thread?

and second, if the first question doesn't solve it for me, any thoughts on how to get multiple applets (instances of different main classes, all gl) to all display in the same browser?

thanks much!
Re: openGL html wrapper
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2007, 8:31pm

i don't think it's a problem with the tags .. or how things are connected. in theory you should be able to just copy-paste multiple applet tags from the export-to-web-feature into one html-page. .. my guess is that it's just too much for the browser to have multiple gl-applets running.

can you point me to that site that's crashing firefox? is it online?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1