We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › processing business cards
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
processing business cards (Read 617 times)
processing business cards
Jun 5th, 2007, 1:37pm

Hello there,

I posted a question yesterday but it seemed to be deleted today. Hope this won´t happen to this one again...
Are there any basic rules I might have broken?

So once again:

I want to print unique business-cards from processing. Here is my plan: Import an SVG-File via candy (a DIN A4 Template saved from Illustrator), put the randomly created graphics on the SVG and export the whole stuff as a PDF. Unfortunately I can´t make it run the way I want it. I suppose that the A4-SVG-File makes the sketch just too big but honestly I don´t even know how big the SVG in pixels really is. So how can I set the right screen size?
How can I better control the size of the sketch?

I hope I´m not bothering you with a maybe too simple issue but as I´m a beginner I need to ask...

I would be very grateful to get some good advice! Thanks in advance!

Ben
Re: processing business cards
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2007, 8:03pm

As your exported pdf contains all elements as vector graphics you don't need to think about the size. In processing you can scale the svgs to the size of your sketch(at the ratio of A4). After the export you can open the pdf in Illustrator or Photoshop and bring it there to the right print size.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1