We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Problem with SAITO .OBJ Loader Library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem with SAITO .OBJ Loader Library (Read 1732 times)
Problem with SAITO .OBJ Loader Library
May 27th, 2007, 8:16pm

Hello,
first I want to thanks Saito for the library.
I´m trying to use it but I´m receiving this message:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: saito/objloader/OBJModel (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

I´m just using the example as it is, downloaded from saito´s website. I´m trying with processing 0124 and 0121.
Do you know how can I solve this problem?
Thank you.
Re: Problem with SAITO .OBJ Loader Library
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2007, 3:39pm

searching in previous posts I found that the problem is with Java versions. I had JRE 1.6 and processing uses 1.4
so I uninstalled JRE 1.6 and installed JDK and JRE 1.4.2
but I still have the same problem with the java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError

does anybody know how can I solve this problem?
wich is the recomended version to use with the library?
please somebody...

this is the message for processing 0124:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: saito/objloader/OBJModel (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

THANKS!
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2007, 3:48pm

Whilst processing uses 1.4 I believe that error means that the objloader library has been compiled for 1.5. So even though you had 1.6 processing used it's own 1.4 when running things, hence the error.
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2007, 4:37pm

OK! thanks. i think I understood.
Now It´s almost working:

I replaced the content of the folder named /java in the processing folder, there was JRE 1.4.2 and I placed JRE 1.5.0 instead.
It worked fine with P3D, but it didn´t work with OPENGL, because of java 1.5.0 unsupport issues with opengl.
So I placed java 1.6.0 in the java folder, and it worked with OPENGL.
But... it didn´t rendered the textures Sad
it only renders the textures with P3D.

any clue?
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2007, 3:59pm

Hi,

Is this problem somehow solved already. I have the same error message christian_parsons had.
It would be nice to see some solution other than installing different jave versions, while still having to resolve (other; texture) issues...

Groetjes, BEnm
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2007, 10:34pm

Fingers crossed I'll be looking at it today. Recompiling the library for java 1.4 shouldn't be a problem. But at the moment I can't replicate the "My textures don't appear in OPENGL" bug. It could be because I'm using the OPENGL hack for anti-aliasing

http://workshop.evolutionzone.com/2007/04/30/hack-force-opengl-anti-aliasing-in-processing/

But I'm not sure how that could affect texture display. Just have to find the bug before I can kill the bug.

MattD
Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 6:09am

Hi All

Just thought that you'd like to know of an update to the obj loader. This one is compiled with java 1.4 so the UnsupportedClassVersionError is now gone. Also there are some new features to materials. The new features are listed in the sample zip file on the libraries website.

http://users.design.ucla.edu/~tatsuyas/tools/objloader/index.htm

Updates to the website documentation is on it's way.

MattD (polymonkey)
Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2007, 1:48pm

Polymonkey,

Thnx! You're working on a great library.

/BEnm
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1