We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › TOTAL BEGINNER HERE!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
TOTAL BEGINNER HERE! (Read 781 times)
TOTAL BEGINNER HERE!
Apr 27th, 2007, 8:10pm

Hi folks, I'm a total n00b with Processing.

I want to try and create a gallery of images, with some music in the background.

Much like the 'Explode' example in Processing, I would like the mouse input to distort each image, however, is there a way for the broken up pieces to reform into another image in the gallery?

So basically users can browse images by clicking and dragging to 'explode' one into the next.

I'd probably have around 10 images in total.
Thanks in advance!
Re: TOTAL BEGINNER HERE!
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2007, 1:12pm

Any suggestions?

Does anyone know of an image browser example in Processing I could have a look at to maybe get some ideas?
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2007, 7:29pm

Hi martman,

While I don't know how I would go about creating the "exploding gallery", I do know about something similar in existence.

1. go to ertdfgcvb
2. check out the project called "me"

You might find some inspiration in the source code.

cheers.
Reply #3 - May 7th, 2007, 8:55pm

That's actually far better than what I had in mind, it's really good. I love it.

However, I have to admit, this was all for a college project and in the end the deadline was looming so I went with a much simpler idea...

www.doctorlilt.com/processing

it's a puzzle of sorts. It doesn't work very well on my website though, so you have to be very patient to see the changes take effect.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1