We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Load a new sketch during a play
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Load a new sketch during a play ? (Read 629 times)
Load a new sketch during a play ?
Mar 26th, 2007, 8:20pm

Hi !

Is it possible to load an other sketch during a test. I mean, if I want to do a transition towards an other patch, is there a method ?

Many thanks Wink
Re: Load a new sketch during a play ?
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2007, 8:41pm

There's no easy way to get one sketch to run another. In fact there's no hard way, only a really hard way as far as I know.
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2007, 8:48pm

ok... mayber for a next release ?
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2007, 9:08pm

I doubt it. There's so much that happens behind the scenese to set up a sketch, and get things sorted, that would have to be bypassed to load another. and then there'd be lots of isues or which sketch's size() function is used and the like, that I doubt it'll be done for a long time, if at all.

One potential workaround however, would be to build each "sketch" into a library, and then load them that way passing in the running PApplet etc, but that's not in the easy category.
Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2007, 9:30pm

so... let's did in this way Wink
Thank you for your answer !
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1