We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › setting DEFAULT device and DEFAULT settings
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
setting DEFAULT device and DEFAULT settings (Read 549 times)
setting DEFAULT device and DEFAULT settings
Mar 17th, 2007, 10:27pm

excuse me if this question has been answered.
I have several capture devices... and this is a general question, that can be related to processing or to other.
How can I set the DEFAULT capture device, the DEFAULT resolution, the DEFAULT input?
Example: I have a usb analog capture device. it works well with proce55ing but each time I use it I have to open winvdig and set that the input is composite and not s-video...
Same problem for capture resolution. It seems to FORGET each time the resolution I choose.
Is there a way (maybe a utlity) to set all this properties as default for the system?
I repeat, this is not just a processing-related problem.
For example, sometimes I use the amcap or the videolan, and there is the same problem... and maybe some of this programs don't give you access to all the panels.

Any help would be really appreciated
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1