We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › serial ring indicator
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
serial ring indicator (Read 1002 times)
serial ring indicator
Mar 1st, 2007, 3:16pm

Please advise:

Setup: a switch connected to the serial port, that shorts pins 5 and 9 (ie. indicates a ring).

I guess I need to change the serial library source file, to also call the parent method on such an event (now only DATA_AVAILABLE does it). Then if I request myPort.port.notifyOnRingIndicator(true) I should get called back.

Am I right? How do I recompile the Serial.java source file (jikes linux commandline)? Do I need to download the full processing sources?

Thank you very much

Peter
Re: serial ring indicator
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2007, 8:16pm

I found a simpler way: in the draw loop look whether myPort.port.isRI() - so I just have to bridge pins 7 (myPort.port.setRTS(true)) and 9 for enough time to get noticed (frameRate dependant).

thank you

Peter
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1