We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › I added the same link twice - can I delete a link
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
I added the same link twice - can I delete a link? (Read 1149 times)
I added the same link twice - can I delete a link?
Feb 11th, 2007, 5:14pm

I apologize for adding the same link twice to the Exibition section - I believed that "preview" was a preliminary step before the link was actually added.
Will someone be so kind and delete the second copy? My first processing effort does not deserve so much attention!!!
By the way: is there a way for me to delete a link that I have posted?

Thank You and once again ecxuse me.
Cesare Brizio
Re: I added the same link twice - can I delete a l
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2007, 6:20pm

hi cesare,

i deleted the second post from the database. it will disappear from the page once someone submits a new link.

yes, preview is meant for you to preview the entry before posting.
i'm a little curious how you managed to double-post since that actually should be blocked .. ?

no, there is no way to delete posts to the network links.

best,
F
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2007, 8:00pm

Thanks a lot. I am using Internet Explorer 7 under Windows XP home. To be honest, as soon as i clicked on "preview", i received some error message I didn't care about - it seemed that the operation was not properly completed: there were some lines with error messages immediately under the top menu band.
Next time, I will be more careful and take note of those error messages.
It seems clear that the preview itself posted my link - i suppose that the problem is right there.
I am of very little help, I know...
If you want, I may try to add once more the link - but not before tomorrow at 8 p.m. italian time...
Thanks once again
Cesare
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2007, 8:54pm

ok, thanks. i'll look into it ...

F
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2007, 1:45pm

fixed.

http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=517
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1