We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › both 3D modes result in no drawings from functions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
both 3D modes result in no drawings from functions (Read 606 times)
both 3D modes result in no drawings from functions
Feb 3rd, 2007, 2:33am

I'm not really sure what is causing this... I am working on a relatively complex piece of software (else I'd post source code.)  I have been prototyping it in 2d, it entails custom object creation and manipulation, rotation and (importantly?) extensive use of the Vector() type for recursion trees.

I've been working on it for a few days now and when I go to start implementing some 3D features by turning on P3D or OPENGL, nothing draws.  only the stuff in the draw() loop.  my first thought was maybe its drawing behind the default camera so I tried some applet-wide rotations and transformations and still nothing.  any thoughts? I am running Processing 0123 on an Macbook Pro, same result at work on a quad intel machine.

just in case this makes a difference, I am using push and popMatrix, resetMatrix, and custom classes for a GUI that draws over the top of the stage. nothing more sophisticated than that, really
Re: both 3D modes result in no drawings from funct
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2007, 10:12pm

never mind.  turns out I was operating on incorrect assumptions of what resetMatrix did;
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1