We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › loadImage just won't work for me...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
loadImage just won't work for me... (Read 743 times)
loadImage just won't work for me...
Jan 29th, 2007, 10:21pm

I have a few PNG images in my sketch's data folder.  When I try to run it from the PDE I get an error along the lines of 'The file "32_a.png" is missing or inaccessible ...'

I have an array of PImages, and I get this message when initializing them from setup()

images32 = new PImage[3];
 images32[0] = loadImage("32a.png");
 images32[1] = loadImage("32b.png");
 images32[2] = loadImage("32c.png");

The sketch works and loads images when it's exported to an applet.

What's the deal?
Re: loadImage just won't work for me...
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2007, 10:39pm

32_a.png

the underscore is not in your code? i use loadImage and PNGs a lot and never had any problems ... which Processing version are you using?

F
Re: loadImage just won't work for me...
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2007, 10:51pm

The underscore was from an older error message.  I had removed it in the code and the actual file names so that they matched up and I was still getting the error.  However, I restarted my computer and it just works now.  I think it may have been a temporary directory/cache sort of issue.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1