We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Space to host a Proce-session in SF
Pages: 1 2 
Space to host a Proce-session in SF? (Read 4718 times)
Re: Space to host a Proce-session in SF?
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2007, 12:02am

Guess I should have added Loan Shark to that list.
Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2007, 6:03am

hey guys,

I want in on this next time Smiley I'll be movin to SF for a few months by end of Feb.

I know Tom Carden is in SF now, too.
Reply #17 - Feb 10th, 2007, 8:06am

Excellent! We'll definitely be doing it again next month. What brings ya up to the bay?
Reply #18 - Feb 14th, 2007, 12:17am

working with Yahoo.

I LOVE the bay though Smiley My kinda place. Didn't know so many processors are up there...
Reply #19 - Feb 14th, 2007, 1:09am

Hehe.. Processors. I'm a MIPS R4000!
Reply #20 - Mar 13th, 2007, 12:58am

Im new to processing but Im in! And I love Philz coffee.
Reply #21 - Mar 21st, 2007, 6:35pm

Great! We'll probably be having another meeting at the start of next month. Email me at scloopy [at] gmail [dot] com and i'll make sure to include you in the next email.

ryan
Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2007, 11:06pm

Hi,

Are you all still meeting up?  I'm one of the co-directors of an experimental media gallery in the Mission District in SF.  It's called Artists' Television Access (which was started in 1984 when video was still an experimental medium for making art!)

I'm new to Processing and I'm interested meeting more processors and seeing more of the work.  

I could open up our space for meetings in trade for a monthly or a bi-monthly screening/exhibition (depending on the number of meetings per month) of Processing work where we could charge admission at the door (around $6, which is our normal price for shows... we need to pay rent!)  We have an awesome projector, which we got with a grant from the SF Foundation, and wifi.  

Regards,
Gilbert

http://www.artiststelevisionaccess.org
Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:54pm

Yeah, is anyone still doing this?  I would be down for this, and know some people from my school (SFAI) that would be interested in going
Reply #24 - Jan 23rd, 2008, 7:49am

This thing may not go on anymore, but I think it is a great idea. I am from San Francisco (attend UCLA in the Design | Media Arts department) so go up there for my breaks and what not.

Please keep me / all of us posted on the boards of this event comes to fruition. I think it could be a really neat idea and I know there are a lot of processing gurus from the Bay.
Reply #25 - Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:56am

Since the other Shiners are not posting yet, I'll share this with everyone viewing this thread.

We're now called OooShiny! and we meet up about once a month, time and date determined by email list. I think we missed January, so if interest picks up again I'll post up another email for those who are interested.

We have a google groups going, feel free to request Ryan / Gabe to add you.

http://groups.google.com/group/oooshiny
Pages: 1 2