We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Midisport Uno / Linux Ubuntu_Edgy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Midisport Uno / Linux Ubuntu_Edgy (Read 718 times)
Midisport Uno / Linux Ubuntu_Edgy
Jan 8th, 2007, 6:25pm

Hi all,

I want to use my midisport uno with the promidi library, but the little problem is that processing don't recognized my uno. I have correctly installed the firmware and all the dependencies and Linux recognized correctly him.
How can I make to use my uno with processing ? Is it a special configuration with Java ?

Any help would be appreciate, thanks.

Julien
Re: Midisport Uno / Linux Ubuntu_Edgy
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2007, 7:23pm

Ok, I began to understand why my midisport don't work with processing. On linux, processing used the oss system sound, the midisport firmware works with ALSA, and to enable midi the jack audio server must be run.

I can used the uno in puredata because this one can be connected with jack and the uno midi informations passed trough the midisport.

The conclusion is that I'can't used the uno with processing or I'don't know how, maybe with jjack ?? but the site jjack.berlios.de is down.

Have you any ideas or suggestions ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1