We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › PGraphics Offscreen P3D context and zbuffer
Pages: 1 2 
PGraphics Offscreen P3D context and zbuffer (Read 4077 times)
Re: PGraphics Offscreen P3D context and zbuffer
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2007, 8:38pm

If you want it fixed as a priority, get the source and try to fix it. Not everything can be fixed in every release.
Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2007, 7:49pm

vade wrote on Jul 16th, 2007, 8:34pm:
This is still unfixed in 0125.

crappity smack. Seriously

Please don't post to the board anything that you wouldn't say to my face. I'm surprised you would behave that way toward a complete stranger whose code you had downloaded for free. I'm not sure why you're under the impression that you're owed something, but I hope you'll adjust your attitude before posting again.
Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2007, 8:22pm

Well, I would say it to your face to be honest, and I appreciate the fact that Processing is OSS and free (really I do), this limitation is in my view quite serious and, as far as I can tell, seriously halts straightforward and "processing friendly" method of creating "scenes" (this is one reason I am using Jitter, Shaders and HD processing in my work).

Anyway, its my New York slang. "crappity smack, seriously?" is more like "aww shoot" to us.

No offense, BUT crappity smackING FIX IT @(#$*)!(*@ Smiley

Context matters, but ill agree that its next to impossible to grok on the web.

Thanks.
Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2007, 9:14pm

There's more than one way to do anything.

So this approach doesn't work.. how about finding a different way of doing it? It seems you're thinking in a very flash-style way.. processing is different. It requires thinking in different terms.

You're already halfway there.. you've got your "scenes" in seperate functions.. that's the only seperation that's needed.
There's no reason to draw to a different P3D then copy that to the visible one.. just draw straight to the visible one. The only thing you might need to do, is clear the z-buffer for the areas you're drawing to.
Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:13pm

Thats fine for cuts, but not for dissolves and overlays/blend/transfer modes or picture in picture, unless I am mistaken, right?

Reply #20 - Jul 18th, 2007, 12:30am

Currently you have to write the offscreen buffer alpha channel by hand. If you have solid alpha in your buffer it's no problem, but if you don't you have to come up with something. Like luma key, difference key etc.

I also noticed that there might be other problem with offscreen buffers. I did image feedback and it looked like offscreen buffer was one frame behind (because feedback went to overdrive). But then, I'm not much of a coder.
Reply #21 - Oct 15th, 2007, 9:03pm

Thanks Fry for fixing this in 0127. It is much appreciated. My example sketch works as intended at first glance.

Smiley
Pages: 1 2