We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › file input (simple question)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
file input (simple question) (Read 1296 times)
file input (simple question)
Dec 6th, 2006, 12:41am

My .pde file grabes a string that's a filename and passes it to a Java program bundled in the application.  Where does this file need to be put so that it's in the "current directory" relative to the java files?

Thanks!
Re: file input (simple question)
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2006, 12:56am

Go into menubar and select Sketch > Add File... and choose the desired file. It should create a directory called "data" in your sketch folder if it doesn't already exist and put that file in there. You can do that manually too, if you prefer.
Re: file input (simple question)
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2006, 6:18pm

I actually think that's wrong -- I finally had a moment of clarity and threw in a line to my java program to return the current directory, and it returned /Applications/Processing/.  So (at least on my Mac) it works when I put the input files in that folder, and putting files in the "data" folder doesn't work.

Thanks for the help tho!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1