We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › New Core Libraries for SVG, XML, + EnvironmentXML
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New Core Libraries for SVG, XML, + EnvironmentXML (Read 1424 times)
New Core Libraries for SVG, XML, + EnvironmentXML
Nov 28th, 2006, 9:50am

I'm currently in the process of uploading the reference for two new core libraries for release 122. Michael Chang's Candy SVG Import library has been tweaked by Fry and is now a core library. A very minimal XML import library has been added to work with Candy. The core XML library is extremely minimal and more advanced XML projects should continue using Christian's ProXML.

Usman Haque's EnvironmentXML library has been added. Let's get some more data source up and running for it!

In the near future (next release), Dan Shiffman's MovieMaker library will also be added to the core libraries.
Re: New Core Libraries for SVG, XML, + Environment
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2006, 2:48pm

This is really cool. I'm glad you guys added the "get()" function.

Do you mind if I make some example apps for the documentation?
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2006, 7:12pm

Of course, we need nice examples for this page:
http://processing.org/learning/

Just make sure the SVG files are well designed.  Smiley

Casey
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2006, 11:25am

question: how did you guys get illustrator to export svgs with layer names? I was not able to do this.
Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2006, 3:34pm

how do you mean? the "Layer 1", "Layer 2", names work with get(). you can also hit the arrow next to the layer name to expand it, and name individual objects for grabbing with get(). (i'm using cs2, not sure for earlier revs)
Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2006, 3:14am

Ah let me clarify:

When I save an svg from Illustrator CS the tag data in the SVG XML does not contain layer names at all. I must add them manualy (no "Layer 1", "Layer 2" by default etc).

I have a feeling it might just be Illustrator CS suckage.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1