We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › curveVertex Documentation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
curveVertex Documentation (Read 1000 times)
curveVertex Documentation
Nov 18th, 2006, 7:00pm

Hi,
It has been brought to my attention that curveVertex does not draw anything when there are less than 4 points.

This is because of the type of spline used, which is documented, but for anyone who does not know what a catmull-rom spline is, this is not immediately apparent. I suggest that the following is added to the documentation page for clarity and ease of use:

Note: This type of spline uses the first and last points as invisible control points. You must have at least 4 points to see a visible curve.
Re: curveVertex Documentation
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2006, 6:26pm

yes, i've recently edited the documentation this week to fix this. the documentation for curve() sort of infers it, but it wasn't clear enough.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1