We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
controlP5 (Read 126744 times)
Re: controlP5
Reply #135 - Feb 3rd, 2009, 1:06pm

now 0.3.11
* added setText(String theText) to Textfield (issue)
* minor change to Range, max value was displayed wrongly.
Reply #136 - Feb 3rd, 2009, 8:10pm

Minor note: Range max value displays with 2 decimal points no matter how decimalPrecision set, or if it's an int, until you use controller, then it corrects itself.

Also, seLowValue() and setHighValue() adjust the bar correctly, but the numbers do not display correctly.

I know range is still experimental, sorry.  Smiley

I think Range is a great feature and i find it very useful, would love to see it work.  Even in its current state it can still help - but how do you get the values from it?  The value it passes to its own function is always 0.  And I'm not sure how to call highValue() and lowValue() from within function, this.highValue() doesn't work.  I can call someRange.highValue() elsewhere, but that doesn't help.  the example in the documentation is for a slider.  
Reply #137 - Feb 6th, 2009, 3:56pm

Still a strange thing with the radiobuttons for me:
When I create one, Processing already seems to run it once.
Btw: I also already tried it with the rm.commands after the initiation of the 3 buttons.

Any idea how to stop this from happening? It might not be a problem for most users, but in this case I want 'showManualModel' to be false until I push the first or third radiobutton. Though now it is already true when initializing the radiobuttons...

Code in setup():
 rm = controlP5.addRadio("radioBothModels", 10, 510);  
 rm.deactivateAll();
 rm.setTab(nameTab2);
 rm.hide();
 rm.add("Show only manually created model",0);
 rm.add("Show only imported model",1);
 rm.add("Show both models",2);

Code in void radioBothModels():
void radioBothModels(int theValue) {
 switch(theValue) {
   case(0):
     showImportModel = false;
     showManualModel = true;
     break;
   case(1):
     showManualModel = false;
     showImportModel = true;
     break;
   case(2):
     showManualModel = true;
     showImportModel = true;
     break;
 }
 println("showManualModel = "+showManualModel);
}

Output in bottom of screen when starting the script:
showManualModel = false
Some control event from radioBothModels
showManualModel = true
Some control event from radioBothModels

Reply #138 - Feb 6th, 2009, 8:56pm

Hi. Thanks for this great Library.

I am working with ControlGroup setBackgroundHeight ( ).

Is there a way to check for the current BackgroundHeight ? Something like getBackgroundHeight()?

If not, is there a way to have a custom variable attached to a group?

Thanks,
Stephan.

Reply #139 - Feb 10th, 2009, 2:13pm

TVS wrote on Feb 6th, 2009, 3:56pm:
Any idea how to stop this from happening It might not be a problem for most users, but in this case I want 'showManualModel' to be false until I push the first or third radiobutton. Though now it is already true when initializing the radiobuttons...

with 0.3.12 this stops controlP5 to send a controlEvent with the id of the first radio button. it does send an event though where the id = -1 indicating that all radioButtons have been deactivated.

Code:

rm.deactivateAll();

Reply #140 - Feb 10th, 2009, 2:16pm

stephan schulz wrote on Feb 6th, 2009, 8:56pm:
Is there a way to check for the current BackgroundHeight Something like getBackgroundHeight()

yep, there is now with 0.3.12.

Code:

yourGroup.setBackgroundHeight(150);
println("height of yourGroup:"+yourGroup.getBackgroundHeight());

Reply #141 - Feb 10th, 2009, 2:19pm

thanks of incorporating it so quickly.

stephan.

Reply #142 - Feb 10th, 2009, 5:24pm

sojamo wrote on Feb 10th, 2009, 2:13pm:
with 0.3.12 this stops controlP5 to send a controlEvent with the id of the first radio button. it does send an event though where the id = -1 indicating that all radioButtons have been deactivated.

Code:

rm.deactivateAll();

Thanks, works as a charme!
As said before: thanks for the fast implementation. I would be nowhere without this library
Reply #143 - Feb 10th, 2009, 7:51pm

sojamo - where are on your site is the version release notes?  also curious about code, but sourceforge code is from april 2006.
Reply #144 - Feb 11th, 2009, 1:53pm

source code: visiting the sojamop5 sourceforge project page does indeed provide a link that has only been updated back in 2006 but this download link is not related to controlP5 or the source code. to view the source code, you can visit controlP5's svn repository over at sourceforge - the link is provided over at www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5 . i took out the link to the front page of the sojamop5 page and only provide the link to the svn repository as well as the link that provides information how to use svn to check out the project and download a current copy of the source code to your computer. all current source code is provided in trunk/src/sojamoP5. an ant file is used to compile the source, nevertheless the build files are currently set to fit my computer system.

release notes: if you are interested in source code changes, you might check the svn changes in the svn repository. i started to keep a changelog (included in svn) file, but i am not sure if i will provide release notes in the future. i will do post updates in the forum though.

Reply #145 - Feb 11th, 2009, 2:12pm

textfield went through some changes. new methods have been implemented:
* setAutoClear(true/false) prevents the textfield to be cleared after pressing RETURN.
* clear(), clears the current textline
* keepFocus(true/false), the textfield will always be in focus
* getTextList(), returns the history of text inputs
* isAutoClear(), returns true or false
* submit(), forces a textfield to distributed its current content

added a new example for textfield, ControlP5TextfieldAdvanced, included in the download.
Reply #146 - Feb 11th, 2009, 2:19pm

hi,
thanks for finding and reporting all these hick ups. i wish to get them out of the way sooner than later. i realize that what controlP5 has grown into wasn't the intention in the beginning. initially controlP5 was supposed to provide some simple mechanism with basic controllers to change parameters on the fly, but over time the whole implementation became quite complex, a lot of suggestions by users have been implemented, a lot of minor or major changes and bugs have been fixed. but what slowly happened is, that testing, debugging etc. became quite a challenge since many little things are interconnected and a little change here can bring major issues there which is maybe due to insufficient scaleability of the current code. with controlP5's current state i will try to reduce to implement changes immediately but will collect all suggestions and comments and will release updates less frequently in the future. for now i am quite happy with what controlP5 can do, there is a todo list (included in the svn repository) that i will work on + i will extend the list with suggestions i find here in the forum.
Reply #147 - Feb 16th, 2009, 12:13am

i would like to use controlP5 - especially ControlP5textarea - in a multitouch environment.
1. Is it possible to send custom events to controllers?
2. Is it possible to send up-/down-events to the textarea-scrollbar? Textarea._myScrollbar seems to be private.
Reply #148 - Feb 21st, 2009, 9:01pm

I saw someone else posted here earlier about having trouble getting textfields to work on controlP5 controlWindows - I thought I would leave another nudge in that direction. I understand that the library has sort of outgrown its more humble beginnings and that there is a limit to the codes scalability, but it would be great to have a sense of whether this is something we can expect to see in the future and if so a rough ETA so that I can decide how to approach a project I am working on. Thanks a bunch.
Reply #149 - Feb 27th, 2009, 11:25am

the following changes/fixes have been made, (taken from the changelog.txt file)

* ScrollList
adding void hideScrollbar()
adding void showScrollbar()
adding void scroll(float)
adding boolean isScrollbarVisible()

* Textarea
adding void hideScrollbar()
adding void scroll(float)
adding boolean isScrollbarVisible()

* Textfield
textinput now works from a controlWindow

* Label
adding adjust() to fix the cutting off of Labels when changing fonts.
use e.g. mySlider.captionLabel().setFont(ControlP5.grixel).adjust();

+ examples ControlP5textarea, ControlP5Window, ControlP5ScrollList have been updated with this release.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17