We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › com.apple.cocoa.application
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
com.apple.cocoa.application (Read 718 times)
com.apple.cocoa.application
Nov 10th, 2006, 1:48pm

I was trying to take classes from cocoa it's that way correct? I was starting to making something with plain processing but I  would like to start interfacing with some native classes at mac.

I try by directly import com.apple.cocoa.application.*; in a .java to be call the class from a processing code but I couldn't.

I get this error: "/tmp/build1688.tmp/WacomData.java:1:8:1:34: Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Jikes could not find package "com.apple.cocoa.application" in: .... "

I also try to directly catch the class by using: import com.apple.cocoa.application.NSEvent; but I get "/tmp/build1688.tmp/WacomData.java:1:8:1:42: Semantic Error: The import "com/apple/cocoa/application/NSEvent" is not valid, since it does not name a type in a package." error....

Any ideas on how to do it? Sorry may I be little new to java.

Thanks a lot.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1