We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › 3D and arbitrary shapes + collision detection
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
3D and arbitrary shapes + collision detection (Read 581 times)
3D and arbitrary shapes + collision detection
Nov 9th, 2006, 9:08pm

Hi all,

I have been starting to work with vertex shapes and I want them to be drawn in a 3D setup, so I am therefore not able to use the geomeretry library (it only works in 2D-right?) So I am having problems with the vertex shape having holes in the middle, if you stretch it in certain ways. How do I get rid of that problem?

also ... have anyone made a processing program that is dealing with collision detection on arbitrary shapes? If so I would be VERY curious how it is done, because right now I am just building complex shapes out of a bunch of squares and circles, because I can then do collision detections on the entire bunch of shapes, but I can't imagine that that's the enly way of doing it ...

Thanks for ideas and comments!

i
Re: 3D and arbitrary shapes + collision detection
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2006, 10:08pm

I'm not entirely sure what the problem you're experiencing is for the first part of your question, some examples (image would probably be fine) would help.

As for part 2, it's unfortunately fairly complex. If you search the forums however, you should find a link to something I think v3ga did, to get ODEJava working with processing, which is a physics library that can (I think) handle collisions of complex objects.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1