We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Drawing without perspective over 3d.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Drawing without perspective over 3d. (Read 1395 times)
Drawing without perspective over 3d.
Nov 7th, 2006, 4:18am

Hi,

I'd like to be able to draw some details about the 3d image on the side of the screen without any perspective applied. Or perhaps to another viewport or screen. Is there any way to accomplish this in processing?

Thanks,
ursine
Re: Drawing without perspective over 3d.
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2006, 5:08am

OK, problem solved. The thread "camera and 2D buttons" below helped. The graphics sometimes get intersected by 3d objects, but I can live with it.

The trick being to use camera() to draw to the screen without being translated into the 3d space.
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2006, 8:03am

or push the translate, and draw whatever after you've popped it back

-seltar
Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2009, 1:13am

Hi !
I need to put some 2D elements like buttons in a sketch where everything else is in 3D. With camera() it works, however my texts (controlP5 labels and buttons, same for interfascia) are blurry. I don't understand why, any clue ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1