We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Images larger than 2K x 2k still leave screen
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Images larger than 2K x 2k still leave screen (Read 925 times)
Images larger than 2K x 2k still leave screen
Nov 3rd, 2006, 2:35am

Since I produce pics larger than my screen size (1068x760)with processing, it is annoying to see them go "out of frame" once I go beyond 2000 x 2000.
Most need to be clicked on once with the mouse before I can saveFrame.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have seen this complaint here before.
Is there a workaround or solution for my problem?

thanks for your consideration

tiny      (WIN XP on windows machine, 0118 beta)

P.S.

I would be happy if somebody could post a code fragment that would simply allow to "saveFrame" after 60 secs or so.
That would do it for me!
Re: Images larger than 2K x 2k still leave screen
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:32am

I think there's code around here that'll save larger images out as a bunch of smaller images, that you can then re-construct later into a single larger image outside of processing which would avoid this problem.

As for the save after 60 seconds, you could do this with:

Code:
if(millis() > 60000)
{
saveFrame("foo.jpg");
exit();
}
Re: Images larger than 2K x 2k still leave screen
Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2006, 2:17pm

this is a limitation of the Java implementation on your machine, and will vary by platform. more info is found in the newly updated size() reference, in the last paragraph:
http://processing.org/reference/size_.html

bottom line is that if you want images bigger than the screen, use createGraphics() for consistent results. and if you want createGraphics(), download release 0120.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1