We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Streaming Video (Read 2039 times)
Streaming Video
Sep 25th, 2006, 5:55am

Anybody ever got a video feed (as in from a camera) to stream to another computer over a network?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
g
Re: Streaming Video
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2006, 1:41am

I was actually wondering this also.  Anyone?

I know jitter has jit.qt.broadcast and jit.net.send.. i was wondering there was any open-souce apps that could broadcast vid for use in interactive installations..

PD has the pidip library but it is osx and linux only (i have collaborators on windows)..

cheesr
mark
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2006, 7:36pm

I am also looking for an solution. Set up would be two computers in a  network, each with a webcam sending the picture to the other computer.
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2007, 1:16pm

Would be great!
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2008, 7:38pm

ok it is been some time but has anyone found a way to stream vidoe data?

i realy could use some information about this subject
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2008, 2:56am

what kind of streaming do you mean streaming from youtube streaming video from one processing sketch to another if the latter, then the webcam via udp thread might be useful for you. (use the udp example for speed and performance reasons)

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2008, 6:06am

I just added an update to the link in the previous post... the examples I give are pretty simple and easy to get going.

Andreas, greetings from a MAT student who is very appreciative of your libraries.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1