We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › using smooth() with OPENGL
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
using smooth() with OPENGL (Read 488 times)
using smooth() with OPENGL
Sep 17th, 2006, 3:57am

So I decided to switch to OPENGL from JAVA2D to see if I could speed up my rendering (doing 2D vector art with a simple glow effect). It's great, it basically doubles my framerate. However, even though I am calling smooth() there doesn't appear to be any anti-aliasing going on. Is there something special I have to do to achieve this or what?
Re: using smooth() with OPENGL
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2006, 4:13pm

If you're on PC it's probably just that you need to turn it on in your graphics card's control panel. If you don't have an advanced control panel with antialiasing options you should download the most current drivers for your graphics card.
Re: using smooth() with OPENGL
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2006, 4:47am

Ok. Located that. It was set to "application controlled" when I checked it. So I switched it on and it didn't seem to do anything other than mess up alpha a bit. Anyway, maybe I am suffering from a less than compliant graphics card.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1