We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Order of vertices in OPenGL
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Order of vertices in OPenGL (Read 682 times)
Order of vertices in OPenGL
Jun 23rd, 2006, 3:44am

Hi All,
I seem to have a problem, and like most problems I am trying to figure out if its mine or somebody else's.
I have had a lot of fun with texture mapping various pictures onto various shaped surfaces. I find however that when I get start cutting up images into little triangles and start texturing in some non-linear way - pic a piece of the picture from here or there using the u,v parameters that sometimes I just can't seem to get the correct pieces of the images. I have quadruply checked all the math and I am fairly certain that I am , in principle, paremetrizing the thing right. But when I don't sweep nicely through the image with sequencial u s and v s, that, well, it goes to crap. And it goes to crap without a message. It just seems that the NORMALIZED mode is cutting out on me.

OK, now I admit that it could be me. So so so... I am asking the powers and the gurus and the ones in the know, if there is some kind of hidden requirement about vertex ordering in NORMALIZED texturing that I need to know.

If not, well, i suppose that the code needs to be checked again (after more sleep).

Thanks for anything you can think of. And thanks, as always, for Processing!

-jd
Re: Order of vertices in OPenGL
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2006, 3:55am

Also, I want to mention, that when I do the scaling to the image myself in the non-NORMALIZED mode, it all works just fine. This is the reason I think that there is something fishy in the NORMALIZED MODE.

Smiley
-jd
Re: Order of vertices in OPenGL
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2006, 2:26am

using the non-normalized mode just converts all the coordinates to the normalized version behind the scenes before it's drawn, so it's possible there might be an error in how you're setting it up..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1