We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
gestalt (Read 625 times)
gestalt
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:16am

Hi

I'd like to know how to install the gestalt.p5.GestaltPlugIn and the net.java.games.jogl.GL. I have jogl installed on my browser, but I am unsure about where to find the Gestalt *and* the net.java.games.jogl.GL library to download and use. Is it compatible with the current processing IDE?

best

Re: gestalt
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2006, 7:21pm

uedaplane wrote on Apr 5th, 2006, 11:16am:
Hi

I'd like to know how to install the gestalt.p5.GestaltPlugIn and the net.java.games.jogl.GL. I have jogl installed on my browser, but I am unsure about where to find the Gestalt *and* the net.java.games.jogl.GL library to download and use. Is it compatible with the current processing IDE

best

hej
yeah we made the transition the JSR-231. which makes gestalt now compatible with processing release 111.

the only thing we broke is the applet renderer. but since processing is now able to support opengl applets. it s not such a big deal right now. thus it doesn t mater anymore whether jogl is installed into the your browser or not.

to run a simple sketch do the following:

1 just grab the gestalt release v347 from sourceforge.
2 unzip the archive
3 find the file called 'gestalt-processing.zip'
4 unzip it and drag the folder 'gestalt_p5' into your processing library folder
5 open the readme file in the 'gestalt_p5' folder an copy it into a new sketch
6 run the sketch ( might need to import the opengl library as well )

if you have a further questions just drop me a line.

cheers
d3
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1