We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
image quality w/saveFrame (Read 452 times)
image quality w/saveFrame
Mar 14th, 2006, 3:45am

Why is there an obvious disparity between the image quality visible in the output window versus the .tif generated from saveFrame?

I know that this can be overcome by using a larger window size.  But this doesn't address the original problem.  As far as I know, there should be no loss of image quality when using a tif.  But I consistently get saved images that appear blurred in comparison to what I see in the output window.  Any thoughts?
Re: image quality w/saveFrame
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2006, 2:24pm

that shouldn't be the case. though i'm not sure what you mean by blurred, i can't imagine what would cause that. or is it that the frame is not completely drawn, either the video image or just the main image itself being half the "current" frame and partially the previous frame?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1