We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How I fixed my QT/Logitech issues (Read 916 times)
How I fixed my QT/Logitech issues
Jan 18th, 2006, 5:55am

This may help some of you troubleshoot your problems, helped me.

I'm running...
Win XP Pro
Logitech QuickCam 4000
WinVDIG 1.0.1
Quicktime 7.0.4
Processing .99

I was able to get my video to work ok in QTCap after switching the source, but processing was defaulting to another source at runtime.  I remembered having this issue a long time ago and dug back through the old alpha forums and found a way for processing to find the first available/working source.

-------------------------------------------------------
import processing.video.*;
Capture video;

void setup()
{
 size(320, 240);
 framerate(30);

try{
   quicktime.QTSession.open();  
   quicktime.std.sg.SequenceGrabber sg = new quicktime.std.sg.SequenceGrabber();
   quicktime.std.sg.SGVideoChannel sc  = new quicktime.std.sg.SGVideoChannel(sg);
   quicktime.std.sg.VideoDigitizer vd  = sc.getDigitizerComponent();  
   println( "dv.getNumberOfInputs :" ); println( vd.getNumberOfInputs() ); println();
   //change line below to set input source
     vd.setInput(1);
   //
   println( "dv.getInput :" ); println( vd.getInput() ); println();
 } catch (Exception e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
 }

// Using the default capture device
 video = new Capture(this, 320, 240, 30);

background(0);

}

void captureEvent(Capture camera)
{
 camera.read();
}

void draw()
{
 image(video, 0, 0);
}
-------------------------------------------------------

I have three available sources:

0 - ATI s-video (default)
1 - QuickCam 4000 (USB)
2 - Samsung mini DV (Firewire)

Nothing plugged into 0 and 2 making 1 the only available source with a signal, so I set vd.setInput(1);

Hope this helps. Undecided

Re: How I fixed my QT/Logitech issues
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2006, 7:30pm

that's overkill for the beta library..

the source() and format() methods control the same thing, check out the reference for the video library. or if you need an access to all options, use settings().
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2006, 9:15pm

I just got my quicktime working again, i found out the problem, werid it never occured to me before...

the default capture example still doesn't work for me because of unknown issues, but i also had problems with this code:

wcam = new Capture(this, "QuickCam", 40*2, 30*2, 10);

and when i removed the "QuickCam" part, it worked, (i'm rejoicing now).

weird luck
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2006, 9:15pm

btw, sorry for bugging you so much the last few monthes ben....  i know how annoying i can be.

-jay
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2006, 9:45pm

all good, i just want to get this stuff working.. i wish the quicktime stuff weren't such a headache. and i updated the faq yesterday with a lot of the new info we've managed to figure out over the last few weeks/months.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1