We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › sym003 - reactive form
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
sym003 - reactive form (Read 2179 times)
sym003 - reactive form
May 13th, 2005, 9:09pm

This is the first time i show something here to the Processing board!

I played a while with symetric forms and finally came up with this. Really, i spent hours playing with this one! I wanted to get an interactive form that is interesting and fun to play with.

http://www.node3000.de/020200/processing/sym003/

There were also other thought upon that:
Interaction is a real advantage against print. I added the following linernotes:

// print design has its own intensity, that screendesign can never reach.
// but the true advantage, the true power of screendesign is motion.
// you can't beat printed static design, but try this on paper!

PS: There is a bug, that i can't figure out. The shape always is a white space in the lines. Help appreciated!
Re: sym003 - reactive form
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2005, 12:25am

some nice ideas. i of course disagree that static design is superior.  Wink

have you tried different variations the the surface of the image, for example, modulating strokeWeight or the alpha value of the black?
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2005, 1:48am

Not yet. This is at least a first "peak" of my work and i let it rest for some days. Maybe yeah, there is a lot more to explore. I really like that minimal touch of pure black on white.

Print: I did ask myself this question a lot last weeks. Print (good print, not that ink jets) has an improved visual optic and is more intense. It can be viewed great in sunlight! I was very unlucky. Can the web be as intense as print? Dynamic grafics are great, but on the other hand often dealing with "never been finished, always flowing".
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2005, 11:04am

Very nice! I like it a lot.
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2005, 2:01pm

Hey have you ever listened music to this one and moved the mouse to the beat of your music? That's really fascinating, as the scetch reperforms the same actions you did but a beat earlier. So in each current beat you can play with the the moves of the previous one. Smiley That's great!
Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2005, 4:30pm

I once had the idea of building a whole VJ-System out of this kind of generative forms, because i am very bored of the "short videoclip zapping" VJs. I think this would be a very interesting thing. But also very hard work... I i don't have the time for it...
Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2005, 6:29am

thanks for sharing that myT! thats really fun.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1