We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Caligraft :: computational calligraphies
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Caligraft :: computational calligraphies (Read 1425 times)
Caligraft :: computational calligraphies
Feb 28th, 2006, 4:28pm

I didn't know very well where to post this project, but I  guess Information Visualization would be the most appropiate category, since text could be considered as information,  although I know it's completely different to the rest of things in here.

Caligraft

Some of you might have already seen it because I added it a few days ago to the exhibition links.

But today I made a new version which doesn't rely on the OPENGL renderer and allows you to type in your own text!  Just click on the link that says "Run the calligraphy..." for each of the calligraphies. The Atom and RSS feeds of the site are now working.

I would very much appreciate any comments or feedback you've got.

thanks
ricard
Re: Caligraft :: computational calligraphies
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2006, 1:21am

I allready saw it, and i'm _really_ impressed. That is just a great set of applets. Really pretty, and so many possibilities!

Keep up the great work!

-seltar
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2006, 4:28am

Quina petada d'espardenyes (de ballar per l'emoció, és clar)!
Very nice!

Nach.
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2006, 6:42pm

I'm using the geomerative.*; library and your examples to create something which could be a "typo-graphic-diagram". I'm trying hard to connect font-outlines to a database and let the data transform the type.

No (interesting) code yet, but I'll post it, when it's getting somewhere.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1