We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Type PSound unrecognized
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Type PSound unrecognized (Read 942 times)
Type PSound unrecognized
Sep 1st, 2006, 6:34am

Hi,
I tried using the example code on the loadSound page, but Processing gives an error saying - Type PSound was not found.
Is this because the sound library is missing or because of a change in the Processing syntax? Coz I read a post mentioning a change in PSound.
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=WebsiteBugs;action=display;num=1147773410
Tried it on a Mac and Windows. Using processing 0115.
Thanks Smiley
Re: Type PSound unrecognized
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2006, 1:41pm

PSound is deprecated. Use one of the sound libraries.
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:07am

Thanks! I'm not able to figure out how to use the sound library on a mac. Since processing is loaded as a readonly volume, its not possible to add any extra folders.
Please help!
Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2006, 12:44pm

Either move Processing to a writeable location or in every sketch that uses the library have a folder (like the "data" folder) called "code" and put the library in there. It will be automatically added to the sketch with out the need for an import line.
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2006, 4:11pm

place libraries inside your sketchbook.. on a mac this will default to HOME -> Documents -> Processing -> sketchbook.
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2006, 9:30am

Thanks Fry! Thanks st33d Smiley Would've been great to have PSound. It'd have been so much more convenient to use a built in library. Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1